Sunday, November 15, 2020

there is nothing to fear

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
Isaiah 41:10

Notice what God says in addition to telling us there is nothing to fear and to not look around in apprehension and alarm. He reminds us that he will strengthen and harden us against the very agony, anguish, and anxiety that would befall us. He speaks knowing what we will encounter all this and more, but He also promises that He will develop within us the strength and fortitude to stand firm in the face of it, survive it, and thrive in the midst of it. -T. D. Jakes Crushing

Dear Reader, I had many of the posts you are reading now scheduled for a long, long time. I think I read this book a few years ago and, like you might have noticed, I spread the quotes out over time. It was a random thing to give room for the day to day of our lives and to keep the posts more varied. I do not think it is a coincidence these quotes and verses are coming up now while there is so much uncertainty. God's timing is always perfect.