Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Can you dehydrate turkey?

I've dehydrated turkey. I cook it first, pick it, and pull it apart. I chop the breasts. 

If I have any jars that do not seal when I am pressure canning a meat, I usually dehydrate those too. Reprocessing is an option, but it further cooks the meat changing the texture. 

I have dehydrated several meats (crumbled sausage, hamburger, chicken, rabbit, etc.) I rinse the sausage and hamburger with boiling water to remove as much fat as I can. I've also dehydrated hot dogs for dog treats.

I make bone broth but not this year due to the jar shortages. I put meat or vegetables in every empty jar I had. I have some bone broth leftover from a couple of years ago though.

Dear Reader, when I can, I try to share answers to questions. Time keeps me from sharing most of them but a few make it here. There is a search box at the top of the page. I also try to put the blog labels in the posts (also a big hit or miss) which may lead you to some useful information. While I do get a lot of requests, I do not share pictures of my pantry.