Monday, January 25, 2021

Smart Tortoise

smarttort

Please excuse the dirt. It's "mud season" here. Eight of them, one of me.

I am very happy with my two Redfoot Tortoises Chevelle and Ranger.

They do seem to be smarter than some of the others I have worked with over the years.

My Sulcata, which has been rehomed to a reknowned herpetologist in our area, was very smart too.

I took Chevelle out the door to sun on our large deck one time. 
Once.

Now, she goes right to the door and will try to push her way out.
For HOURS if I let her.
I do not know how long she will go before she will give up because I give in before she does.

I have to make sure the door is latched and remind the family to keep it latched.
I have to be very mindful when they are out for exercise because there is so much coming and going here.

Even in winter, I try to give them at least half an hour a week outdoors depending on the weather. Natural sunshine can not be beaten!