Friday, July 25, 2008

Clint's Wreck, Due Date

Thursday, a teenager pulled out in front of Clint on his way between plants. Clint tried to avoid hitting him, but couldn't do it. I had asked Clint to drive my car so he could use the a/c, so it was my car that was in the crash. PTL no one was injured!

I have a cracked headlight and a tiny scratch. The poor teen's car did not fair as well. Clint said the rear side and bumper was messed up pretty bad.

"If I had had that much more space," Clint said while holding his hands a foot and a half apart, "I could have missed him! I didn't have though," he finished while shaking his head with regret.

The teen was driving his mother's boyfriend's car. The policeman held up the teen's insurance card and pointed to expiration date and said to Clint "You got lucky." The other driver's insurance expired the next day at noon. PTL we will be reimbursed for the damage to my car.

If you know me, you know I really don't care about an automobile as long as it gets me where I am going. In eternity, it is not going to matter one bit what kind of car I drove or what condition it was in. However, I do believe in taking advantage of an opportunity to good-naturedly tease someone I love, so I am joking with Clint about "injuring my poor baby." LOL :-)

The doctor moved up the baby's due date from the 9th to the 5th of January.

Clint worked the last few weekends and we paid $1200 towards the bill. We have $1300 left to pay before December. We have a $3,000 deductible since our insurance changed and I was concerned the bill would be much higher since the pregnancy spans two years. PTL it wasn't! We'll have to pay the hospital though and if that is in January, we'll have to meet the deductible for 2009. We feel very blessed to have insurance even if it does have a high deductible. We have several friends who have gone/are going without it because they could/can not afford to pay for it. Something needs to be done about the cost of medical care in our country, but I do not know what the solution is, other than we need our King to return!

I have a lot to do before the weekend ends, so I had better get to it. I'll try to get some pictures soon.

Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1