Thursday, February 05, 2009

Clint Heard From the FEMA

county coordinator today. The plans for our home's elevation arrived in the coordinator's office yesterday. The county coordinator has to review them and is waiting for another set of plans (another house) and then he will submit them for the bidding process. Right now, it looks like we will have to move out of the house in May. That will probably change again, but it does look like we are getting closer.

Please join us in prayer that God will let us know if this is something we should pursue or not. Once we meet with the engineers and coordinator and sign the paper work, we will be locked into it. Right now we still have the option of backing out.

My concerns are not with the elevation itself so much as the living arrangements and length of time it will take to elevate the house. Summers are hot and humid here. I want to be sure that the children are comfortable and can continue their education throughout the process.

Hannah is nursing every 1 1/2 hours for her current growth spurt. We can tell she has grown over the past few days. The other children have been falling prey to a cold virus one after another this week. Everyone except Brandon has been able to get over the worst of the symptoms within a day or two. I came down with it this a.m. The cold water pipes froze overnight. Clint is working OT all week due to issues with a project he's been assigned. Add all of that up and it equals a fairly chaotic day.
Clint and I have had to make e-mails short and sweet since Hannah has arrived. Please don't feel slighted as we are doing the best we can. If you have our phone number, feel free to call.