Wednesday, October 03, 2012

There Is No Equal

God tells us in His Word that Christians will have troubles in this life and to not be surprised when they come. I can't honestly tell you I take them in stride. I get thrown, frightened, horrified, overwhelmed, angry, and confused. Despite my very human response, He always, always, always shows His love. 

Here's another way I saw that amazing love during one of my worst moments.

Last week, I wrote a friend who was worried for her son. 

"We could take all of the love everyone on earth has for S____ and your family, and put it all together. All combined, it would not even be a small fraction of God's love for all of you. Your family is in the best possible place in His care. That gives me comfort for S_____, and I hope it does you too."

Post accident, I shared with her:

"When Amanda had her wreck, I was reminded about what I had shared with you about S_____ and applied it to Amanda. I know there is no greater love than God's love for her and no safer place than in His Hands. What a difference knowing Him makes." 

I do not know why God allowed Amanda face yet another difficulty. I know He is preparing her for something, but it is so hard to watch. What I do know is that He loves her far more than I do and His plan for her is better than anything I could imagine.

Photobucket 
  I Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Psalm 13:5 But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.