Friday, June 14, 2013

Storm Line

When we were newly married, Clint said I had an "unusual fascination" with the weather.
Now, he watches it with me!
I love a big storm, but I never want to see life or property harmed.
As a mother, I am always concerned about keeping my children safe, so if it looks like a very bad storm with tornado risk, I make them stay in our designated "safer spots" of our home until the danger has passed.

 photo 1-7_zpsc0871098.jpg

 photo 2-7_zps1a094244.jpg

 photo 3-4_zps2c7d63c9.jpg

The top three were taken of my back yard as the storm approached.
After I snapped those, I walked to the front and snapped this one:

 photo 6-1_zps3a9970f0.jpg

As fast as I could after that picture, I took this one:

 photo 7-1_zps13dbf9aa.jpg

This line of storms was moving through at 60 mph!
We had a little wind damage, heavy rain, and some lightning strikes that didn't hurt anything on the farm.

Clint took this picture of a swinging stop light near Bland Blvd in Newport News:
 photo hangingstoplight_zps5c5e8065.jpg