Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thoughts on Mothering

When I was a teen and as a young woman, I was continually told "Have your children early and get them grown so you can have your own life!!!"

I am not waiting for for my children to grow up so I can move on to bigger and better things. They are souls God has entrusted to my care and instruction! That's a very big deal! I do not need to gather with other groups of women to have them pat me on the back so I can keep going. God lifts me up and renews my strength each morning. It is in His Presence I am encouraged and motivated. I don't need retreats so I can "find myself." My value is found in being a Child of God. I do not look forward to the day they will leave my home even though I know it is coming. I value and cherish my time with my blessings too much to be eager to see them go. It's a big job, but God says He will do it through me as long as I remain a willing vessel.