Thursday, November 07, 2013

You've Probably Read the Book, Read the Story Behind It

One of my all time favorite children's story books is "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. I can't get through reading it with a dry eye because it closely echoes my heart for my own children. As Carol Robertson tells us in her article, the author came up with the recurring theme of the book,

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.

after having two babies born still. That's how he felt for the children he and his wife lost. Their short existence touched his heart in a profound way that now touches the hearts of so many others.

As the mother of several miscarried and stillborn babies, I love the book even more now that I know the story and emotion behind it. I thought you'd like to know too. 

It's been 6 months since I gave birth to my still, little Isaac. I think of him and all of my other wee ones every day. I know there was a plan and purpose for each of my children's short lives too. 



"Do not be afraid to suffer... It is from being shaken apart and not being destroyed that we become strong and courageous." Laura Lewis Lanier (All Things Bright and Beautiful )

“I'd never seen anything that says we're going to escape painful situations in our lives..." Lindy Boone on her son's 40 foot fall

2 Timothy 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

Revelation 21:4 and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.