Sunday, October 26, 2014

Choose This Over Silver

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. Theodore Roosevelt

Proverbs 8:11-21:
Choose discipline over silver and knowledge over the finest gold. Wisdom is better than pearls, and nothing you desire compares with her. “I am Wisdom.  I live with Good Judgment. I am at home with Knowledge and Planning. To respect the Lord means to hate evil. I hate pride and boasting, evil lives and hurtful words. I have good advice and common sense to offer. I have understanding and power. With my help kings rule and governors make good laws. With my help leaders govern, and important officials make good decisions. I love those who love me, and those who look for me will find me. With me there are riches and honor.  I have lasting wealth to give to you. What I give is better than fine gold.  What I produce is better than pure silver. I lead people the right way— along the paths of justice. I give riches to those who love me, and I fill their houses with treasures.