Tuesday, October 14, 2014

To the Weary Stay at Home Homeschooling Moms of Many

This is what I wish someone had told me:

In a large homeschooling family, there is so much going on in every day.  

The days are long, 
the work is never ending; 
the chaos makes it crazy;
interruptions can be constant; 
the messes are huge, and happen faster than smaller families can imagine; 

but 

the many hands of older children make the work lighter, and 
the good things like LAUGHTER, FUN, JOY, LOVE, CONTENTMENT, PEACE are also multiplied. 

While the workload and craziness diminish as the children grow, the good things continue to increase over the rest of our days. 

My youngest two now are seven and five. My workload is changing. The house doesn't get as messy. Others give me a hand cooking, doing laundry, and running errands too. Most of the time the children can do their school work independently. I have a little time each day to do something I enjoy like gardening. I have survived the hardest years and stand here to tell you: it is worth every single crazy minute. I would not trade my life for anyone else's! I am so thankful God called me to this unique path and rejoice in all He has done through it. 

Hang in their, tired mamas. I know everyone tells you it will pass by faster than you imagine, but you can't see that from where you stand now. It really does go by quickly. It gets easier, if you teach your children to help. Yes, your workload right now is enormous, but you will survive. What you are doing has great value. God is using this journey to mold you and shape you for His purpose. Keep following His Word in your life because He does keep His promises to us. Put Him and His way first in every area because there is wonderful fruit to be harvested in due time.

Father, please give strength to the weary mothers. Please help them renew their commitment to raise children for your glory. Help them to see your perfect plan right in the middle of the chaos of a busy home. Let them hear the Holy Spirit's leading in each interruption. Help them to remain focused on what is important, and help them let go of what isn't. Let them see that your way is good and help them to follow you even when it seems everything and everyone is trying to lead them away. Send them encouragers and cheerleaders when they feel overwhelmed. Make clear your way for their lives, and let them rejoice in what you have done. In Jesus' name, amen.