Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Em's Favorite Song

Emily's favorite song right now.

Here is another favorite of hers.

She told me about how she enjoys these songs while we were peeling, blanching, and dehydrating potatoes. She planted the peelings and potatoes with eyes in two compost piles today, so we will have potatoes to dig around March 17. Potatoes on St. Patrick's Day! Very fitting!

Young moms, I was told by a very wise woman to work alongside of your children and to listen to their hearts. I am so thankful I took that advice. I love knowing what is going on inside of my children which allows me to better pray for them. The key phrase is LISTEN to THEIR hearts. This is not a time for instruction but a time for listening and discernment. If something they say is troubling to you, pray on it first and then talk with them to help steer them through difficult places. The godly older women who helped shape my motherhood did not just appear in my life. I had to seek them out.