Saturday, January 16, 2021

KENNY!!!

hesalive2

It made me so very happy to see Kenny again!

Joy flooded my heart to see this old paratrooper and hear him call me "Baby doll" again. He has a daughter my age, so he talks to me just like he does her. I love him! I thought he had died and had been trying to figure out how to contact his family who all live quite a ways away. Now I know why my buddy was gone...

Kenny had something happen to him that created a perfect storm in his body. The doctors say they do not know exactly what happened or what caused it. He had three days where he was out of his mind in his home crawling on his hands and knees yelling things that did not make sense. His arthritic knees locked up on him in the fully bent position. He can't stand up. He lost his memory and was very confused. A state trooper called to do a wellness check found him passed out in front of his floor. He was in the hospital for two months and then in a rehab facility for two months after that. For the first few weeks of his hospital stay he had no memories of anything and was very combative with the nurses. I do not envy them one bit of what they went through with this old cuss. It took three of them to care for him each time. I love him, but he's a very hot pan to handle. I seem to have a knack for making connections with these saucy old guys. 

Oh, and evidently doctors did not find cancer like they had thought. 

His daughter set his home up to make things easier for him until his knees can stretch again. He did not want the surgery, so they are doing a slow stretching with a brace. He can get in and out of the bed with his arms by rolling and has an alert button. We will visit and give him a hand with things every time we are in his area. I will try to make extra overnight trips to his city keep him company. I told him I wanted to learn the stories of his pictures. He told me to look in his closet. I found a STACK of big old portraits! 

Thank you to everyone who prayed for Kenny! He's back, and my heart is so happy! I'm smiling from ear to ear with moist eyes as I type this. Thank You, Father, for letting us see Kenny again!


Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
I John 16:24


A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22