Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Suburban Steal

1000

On my birthday weekend while setting our on our travels, we found this Suburban for $1000 and decided to check it out.

The owner's father is a local mechanic we know, so we were able to learn it had a minor issue. He did not have the time to work on it and needed it sold. It ran, but ran rough. So, we prayed about it and felt led to buy it. Clint drove it home while I drove home his Durango. 

(That was my first time driving his Durango, and I may or may not have opened it up on a familiar and very little used road. Boy, is that a peppy ride! I could hear the gas being gulped as I took flight.)

Clint spent $20 on parts and about four hours making a minor repair. 
It runs as good as new! 

Then, we were able to make $350 immediately using the suburban. We have since made ourselves another $200-250 on one run and another $250 on a second. At this rate, this vehicle, which was dropped into our sights when we least expected it, will pay for itself in no time! God is so good to His children!

Dear Reader, Every where the Lord has led me has been good. There have been some rough roads that took me beyond my limits, but those uncomfortable places are where I have grown the most. At the end of those difficult journeys, the reward has been greater than I could have imagined. It does not matter if is something small like the purchase of a vehicle or a major life decision during scary/uncertain/exhausting times such as submitting to His unrelenting call for to relinquish control over my womb into His control (while I was vomiting and bedridden from Hyperemesis Gravidarum multiple times a day. It took a gigantic leap of faith!) Every where He has led me has been good. In fact, it has been much, much better than I could have imagined for myself. I encourage you to let Him lead you in all areas of your life and see what great places He takes you!