Friday, September 26, 2008

Neck Deep in Clothes

I am still neck deep in children's clothing, but only have to finish up Joshua's and do Amanda's. Thankfully Amanda is old enough to do most of her own wardrobe switch over. We have a longer list of clothes we need to buy this year than usual, especially for those two rough and tumble little boys.

Our road only had an inch or so along the edges Wednesday from the nor'easter, but it flooded yesterday. That only happens 2-3 times a year, if that, and is a good trade for the cooler summers we enjoy thanks to the constant breeze blowing off of the river. Then we have the phenomenal sunsets, rare birds, wildlife, seclusion, privacy, natural beauty, etc. It's a good trade!

Clint could not get home last night due to the high tides, so he stayed at work until 8. Then, he did the grocery shopping. He attempted to come home at 10 p.m. but a road connecting to ours was still too deep! So, he went back to the store and bought some of the clothes we needed for the children. Amanda and I drove my car down to see if it was clear to keep him from having to come home and go back on another errand. We got through around 11:45. He finally got home at 12:30 a.m. He woke up at 5 a.m. to get some overtime in at work.

When Amanda and I went to check accessibility, we saw a blue crab crossing the road in the couple of inches of water. Joking with her, I said, "Go catch it!" Princess Trapper opened her door to go after it before I could say anything else!!! I very rarely have the radio on in my car when I am with my family. I'd rather make the most of that time with conversation. Amanda and I enjoyed our moonlight "boat ride" together. It almost made me want the roads to flood out more often!

Hot Shot's pen got 1-2" of water in it from the very heavy rains and tide together. He was eager to see Brandon and I when we turned him out of his pasture into the yard so he could get to dry ground. Oh, he was whinnying and nickering like we were his long lost buddies....until we opened the gate and he sailed right past us like we were total strangers. That is a one person pony and his person is Amanda!

E-mail is piling up in the inbox and I will try to get to those asap. I am glad to see you are back online Denise!