Monday, December 22, 2008

Early CHRISTmas Present for Our Family

When people have asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told them I just wanted the baby to come early so I could rest and get some relief. I was staying hungry, tired and was feeling very frustrated by the battle with HG.

Saturday night, I was very, very ill. I threw up repeatedly and then had contractions for hours. I think the heavy vomiting is what put me in labor. We were up until 6 a.m. Sunday. I was having contractions and passing plug that a.m. and did not want to be in labor feeling that weak and worn out. I asked for an epidural when I arrived at the hospital that evening hoping it would allow me to rest and recover a little. Long story short, I had to go through a lot and wait two hours to get it even though I was 6 cm when I arrived. I am so thankful Amanda came as she took better care of me than the lazy nurse assigned to me did.

Hannah Michelle was born early today at 2:31 a.m. after 8 hours of labor. She is a doll! She latched on and nursed right away.

Everyone who has been following along knows we thought Hannah would be smaller than Emily and we actually thought she would be our smallest baby. This is because I kept losing weight the entire third trimester and she felt much smaller in the womb. We are not sure how she hid those 10 lbs and 3.4 ounces, but she did.

She came out in three pushes!!! Her shoulders got stuck on the second push and the doctor told the nurse and Clint to bend my knees back to my shoulders. I looked like a pretzel, but she came out with some wrangling by the doctor. The pediatrician says she looks great all the way around and will sign papers for her to go home in the a.m.

Clint is soon going to head home and pick up the rest of the children so they can meet Hannah.

I have been ravenous. Whereas I had to force myself to eat before she came, I am eating everything in sight now. What a blessing it is to be able to eat again without pain or fear of vomiting!! I can already feel my strength returning! PTL!

Thank you to everyone who prayed with us and encouraged us along this amazing journey. Hannah is here! The hard part is over and the rejoicing has begun!!

We'll post pictures after we get home...no way to do it from the hospital.