Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So Thankful for the Opportunity to Experience It!

I wrote this last year, but post dated it by many months to avoid influencing the situation as it unfolded.

I love how God has worked in my heart to give me genuine love for someone who has repeatedly harmed my family. The situation was so deliberate and so long planned, I really thought it was impossible! It's a beautiful place He's brought me to through all of this. That they can't even accept that love or much less reciprocate says more about their heart's condition than they realize. But, their cold and rude response doesn't affect what God has done in my heart. That's awesome! For those who are concerned about this, please remember love does not equal trust.

I didn't get there on my own. I had to be obedient and pray for them. I also asked God to put love in my heart, and then I had to self discipline my thoughts and words. It did not come naturally because I was engaging in a battle between flesh and spirit. I was not perfect in it, but God blessed my imperfect, but consistent efforts. 

Matthew 5:43 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.


"It is a rare and beautiful thing when we choose to offer love in situations when most people would choose to scorn or ignore." 
Lysa TerKeurst

‎"The only people mad at you for speaking the TRUTH are people who are living a lie, keep speaking it." Coombs