Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Feeling Like God Has Forsaken You?

I shared this with a friend who felt God was not hearing her prayers and had turned His face away from her and her family during their four year long struggle with a constantly attacking enemy that caused them to lose their careers, home, money, future plans, and health:

I have felt that way too. I've learned He's not forsaking us, but He is silent and it is temporary. You will hear from Him again. He will lift you out of this place. He will restore you. Hold on. What you are going through will serve a purpose. Psalms 40:1-3 I waited patiently for God to help me; then He listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God. Now many will hear of the glorious things He did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in Him.


Psalms 34:17-19 Yes, the Lord hears the good man when he calls to Him for help, and saves him out of all his troubles. The Lord is close to those whose heart is breaking; He rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins. The good man does not escape all troubles - he has them, too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one.