Sunday, June 29, 2014

Do Loved One in Heaven Look Down on Us?

Do Loved Ones in Heaven Look Down on Us?

This is very close to what I believe about our loved ones. If they knew the Lord, they are with Him and are far better off than we are.  We are to look to Christ as a mediator and example. I believe God has told us all we who remain need to know about what happens to saints who die, and we need to trust Him completely in this. If we don't, the problem is in where we have our focus. We are to focus on Him and His will for our lives.  

Philippians 1:21-24 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.