Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Miscarriage and Baby Loss Awareness Month

 photo 10_zps9596cad1.jpg

I was asked to light a candle today for infant loss awareness. I light eight candles: Sarah, Rebecca, Josiah, Angel Noel, Abigail, Benjamin, Mary, and Isaac. Losing each of them crushed my heart and changed me forever, but it also drew me closer to the Lord, gave me understanding to know how to minister to other's broken hearts, made me treasure the beauty of life, cherish things most take for granted, have a rich appreciation for good days, ...and so very much more. It has also taught me about hope, patience, rediscovering joy, and finding the endurance to keep going even when I wanted to give up. While I would rather have them in my arms, I am also thankful for the valuable lessons the Lord taught me through their short lives.

If you have experienced this kind of loss, I am praying for you today. If you need a friend who has been there to listen, contentment acres at yahoo . com (remove spaces) If yahoo gets the mail to me, I respond. Please understand I don't always respond every day or even every week, but I do respond.

I Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you to everyone who has shared this post and to those who have said it was helpful to them. My condolences to those who lost babies through miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. I have greatly appreciated the male perspective as they have tried to find healing for themselves and help their wives through it. May the Lord Himself sustain and comfort you.