Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Clint's Lyme Disease Story

Tomorrow is the appointment with the rheumatologists. We are hoping he can shed some light on what is going on with Clint. Reading the stories of others online is not very encouraging. It seems a lot of the things we are looking at take a great deal of time and tests to diagnose accurately. Wrong diagnoses in the early stages are very common. Prayers for answers are appreciated. 

Clint had a very bad day last Friday. I asked Clint last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and early Saturday to go to the ER to be examined. Late Saturday through yesterday were better probably because of the rest and care at home. Today, he is heading back downhill. He is at work, but his right knee is very painful. This is his call in week which means he has to be available 24/7 to handle calls. He has taken 800 mg ibuprofen almost every day and many times twice a day. I have moved his parking place next to our deck to make it easier on him. The children and I are doing all we can to make this easier on him. 

I have been staying up late researching and looking for ways to minimize his pain. The children and I are almost finished with the dining room rennovation, or the parts of it that we can do. Brandon has come over and wired up lights. Saturday, Clint wanted to move around and was able to get three small pieces of molding up before pain and exhaustion knocked him back down. I am hoping to have the dining room put back together to minimize the stress on all of us by Thursday. Clint will be able to rest better without tarps, sheetrock pieces, paint trays, etc all around. 

My heart hurts so seeing him hurting like this. I pray with all my heart this is something curable like a virus in his joints. My mind races to the many what ifs wondering what will happen to husband and my family. I constantly remind myself to "...not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 I have placed Clint, myself, and our family in God's Hands. Please intercede for us.