Monday, September 21, 2020

Cucamelon

watermeloncucumber

This little plant in the red plastic cup is called a cucamelon or a watermelon cucumber. It is the Mexican sour gherkin and has tiny fruits that look like a watermelon. It is also known as a "mouse melon." Clint asked me to grow these for him. This is my third attempt. The others did not survive the hardening off process due to heat or insects. This one will stay indoors under grow lights. Try, try, try again! Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise: I'm going to get that Asbell his cucamelons!

Dear Reader, I know someone needs to read this. It might be you or may be for the next reader. When I was young and my self esteem had been torn down so very low, it was too difficult for me to try things over and over. Because of Jesus, I am so much stronger now. I don't mind the failures because I now know neither failures nor harsh people define me.

Those people who tore me down as a child would not get as far with me today. They made excuses to say they were making me tough, but all they did was weaken my spirit and made me unable to fully trust God as my Father until I got far away from them. They aren't in my life now, and I am so thankful for that and the peace and joy I have found in the Lord since. I cried out to God and asked Him to change them so they'd stop hurting me, change me so I didn't care, or get me out of the situation that was causing so much pain. God worked that out so I bear no blame or guilt for the relationships ending. I do not know who you are that needs this, but I know the agony that goes soul deep. There is peace waiting for you, dear one. It's found in Jesus.

Our identity is in Jesus and what He did for us! He found us worthy!
Read those verses about how God sees you.