Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Mystery Seeds

mysteryseeds

To date, I have received 8 or 9 packages of mystery seeds. I received mine in late May and June before the hubbub started. I started working with online vendors several years ago and became aware of brushing scams then, so I never even questioned it. I have received all kinds of seeds in the mail from China and other places as far back as 10-12 years ago when I received black rose seeds I never got the chance to plant.

When I received the seeds in May, I planted some of them a few weeks later. It was herbs, squash, radishes, etc.

What happened to make the brushing scam into something blown out of proportion is that people on gardening groups started talking about it, then it was reported. Out of caution, the government responded, but they also determined it was brushing scams. 

Now, the gardening groups I am on won't allow new threads on these seeds. No matter what was discovered on the investigation, some people won't quit trying to make it into something more.

Seeds are small and cheap to mail so the companies doing it save money both on packaging and postage while accomplishing their goal to get fake reviews to move their products up higher in ranking. Seriously, I've seen this for at least 12 years. I never even batted an eye at it, but many became afraid it was some sort of invasive species meant to harm the US.

Dear Reader, when we do not understand a situation, we can become fearful. When we have knowledge, it helps us understand and removes our fear. Many are fearful of coming face to face with the Lord. However, when we gain knowledge of who He is and how very much He loves us, we lose that fear and replace it with joyful anticipation. 


For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8


So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. I John 4:16