Thursday, October 01, 2020

He knows the way that I take

But he knows the way that I take, 

when He has tested me, 

I shall come forth as gold. 

Job 23:10

When suffering comes, do we choose to be changed by it or become victims to it?

Victims complain that life is unfair and cry "Why me?!!" They become bitter and are a drain on others because they offer no wisdom or inspiration.

Those who are transformed by suffering refuse to allow it to hold them back. They learn from it and eagerly share those hard won lessons to encourage others.

Dear Reader, may we learn from the suffering in our lives and come forth from it like gold. While the victorious ending should give us comfort, so should the first line of this verse, "He knows the way that I take." Nothing we are going through is a surprise to our Father.