Friday, October 16, 2020

Nice Late September Surprise!

peachicksurpriselatesept

peachicksurprisesep

Peachicks have always hatched in July on our farm. This was a nice late September surprise! Somehow the peahen kept the little one hidden from us for at least a week based on the pin feathers. We moved both of them to their own pen since the large run they were in is shared by many birds.

Dear Reader, I was having a pretty down day. Heavily burdened for ailing and dying friends, I was trying to work outdoors since that is usually a therapeutic endeavor. Fresh air, sunshine, physical labor, and accomplishing something for the good of my precious family...it usually works to lift my mood. However, I was running into one problem after another with 50% of what I needed to do not being able to be done. I hadn't rested well the night before, so my energy was waning. Add frustration and discouragement on top of my depressed spirit and that's right where I was. Then, on a trip to the house to regroup to see what I could get done, I saw my peahen acting oddly so I stopped to watch her. I found a little brightness in the middle of my dark day! We may not see things happening around us, but God is still working behind the scenes and in places we might not be not expecting. He will reveal to us what we need to know when it is time for us to know. All His ways are good!