Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our 2nd Letter to Compassion International

The first letter was ignored. This is my second attempt. To read about this story in our blog, click Flor de Maria.

This is the second letter I have written Compassion International in an effort to make sure the child I sponsor (XX-XXX-XXXX) is being cared for properly. She wrote me a letter dated 4/22/2010 stating that she had been in the hospital for a week with herpes. She is 13. I think we can safely draw the conclusion that someone has caused this child harm. I am asking someone to please look into it. If you can't for some reason, then write me back and let me know. But at least take the time to let me know if something can and is being done for her. If we truly have compassion for our neighbors, then we can't just ignore something like this. I have to try and asking Compassion to look into it is the only way I can help her. 757-xxx-xxxx contentmentacres@xxxx.xxx

UPDATE: I received a reply today:

"Thank you for your e-mail and allowing me the pleasure of assisting you today.

I do see that we did receive an e-mail from you on June 8. A compassion representative responded on June 8 by asking you to send us a copy of the child's letter and we will be glad to research your concern further with our El Salvador country staff. I apologize if you did not receive the response. ....(contact info)...."