Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quick, Nutritious Breakfast

cooked, chopped vegetables (Normandy Blend is what I used here.)
My Wilton's Baker's Blade is one of my most used items!

caramelized onions
This brownie cutter/lifter was found at Dollar Tree. I use it a lot also.

 Egg Muffins before baking

Egg Muffins

Bulk cooking is a necessity in our house. If I had to cook individual meals three times a day, I would have very little time for anything else in my life. It makes more sense and is time saving to cook extra meals while your tools and ingredients are already out.

For something this simple, I do not measure. I crack the eggs and add a little milk, mix it together, and pour over the ground meat (use any you want) and chopped vegetables (use any you want). I believe I used 18 eggs and half a cup of milk for this batch. I had almost two muffin tins filled. The amount of egg mixture needs to be enough to cover the vegetables so it will hold them together.

When finished, I pop them out and put them into a container. We heat them up and put the egg muffin on biscuits or eat them alone. My family loves them, and it is so easy to do.