Monday, July 23, 2012

Destructo-Woman

Photobucket
brand new computer meets ceiling fan

I killed my new phone and lost all of the pictures and numbers stored on it. Clint order me a new one.

My very old 4x4 Ford truck needs a water pump. Clint is in the process of fixing that.

My Suburban has an alternator issue. Clint is planning to fix that when he gets home today. We are down to two cars with four drivers. Brandon is taking Amanda to and picking her up from school.

Our dishwasher was a year old. It was a very nice one and worked very well. It died three weeks after the warranty expired. As other consumers are learning and reporting online, the control panel on the Maytags are an issue.

My computer hard drive stopped working. The Acer computer was about a year old. Again, other consumers are reporting the same hardware issue. We purchased a new Dell because of our personal experiences with that brand.

The Dell was great! I had it 2-3 weeks, if that, before I ruined it. In my haste to get my chores done, I lifted it over a chair...a little too high. We have 7 foot ceilings. And, a ceiling fan. Sigh. Yeah. Dumb, Wendy, real dumb!

I was getting in a tizzy while counting the cost of the things that have broken recently. Raising a family of nine on one income doesn't allow for a lot of financial wiggle room. I stressed over the financial implications. Then I realized the cost is actually very, very little.

We have our health, food, clothing, and shelter. All of our bills are paid on time. Clint has a good job and the ability to work to make more money to replace what has been lost.


The vehicles can be fixed inexpensively because my husband has worked hard to develop useful skills. I don't like that he will be tied up time wise working on a vehicle, but our children will be working along side of him and learning as he passes down the knowledge he has gained. The phone was a "dumb phone" so it wasn't too expensive to replace. I was able to catch up with many old friends as I added phone numbers back. The computer's screen is ruined, but the rest works. I am giving it to Brandon to experiment with. You could say my stupidity contributed to his education. :-)

My family is teasing me relentlessly, and I love it. I think it is great for the children to see Mom messes up too.
I would much rather be accidently destroying objects than relationships. I would rather be careless with things than people. One is a not really a big deal no matter how much the monetary value. The other is a very big deal and can have eternal implications.  One is a temporary inconvenience. The other can have a lifelong impact for both parties. Lord, let me value what You value and let go of things that don't matter.

John 13:34-35 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.