Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Already!

Yesterday was a good day and I accomplished quite a bit. I called Clint at work and asked him if he'd like to go out alone later. He was thrilled, especially since I said it would be my treat!Brandon babysat for us while we went to eat at Salsa's, a beautifully decorated Mexican restaurant. After dinner, we walked Riverwalk in Yorktown, sat on the beach and watched the sunset and then purchased an ice cream cone from Twisters. We ate those under the Gloucester Coleman Bridge while we watched the York River's tide go out. It was a very nice night and we fully enjoyed our evening alone.

All good things must end and I became violently ill with the HG and finally got to bed at 6 a.m. I am wiped out from it and as soon as I give the children their instructions and get them working on school, I am going to work on getting fluids in me and then will take a short nap to try to regain some strength. Obviously reducing the antiemetic is not going to be easy. I have been far worse than this and I am fully aware of what my Father can and will do to carry me through the rest of the pregnancy. He is worth taking the time to get to know and will be an ever present help in times of trouble...just as His Word says.

Emily is such a card now! She "sings" softly all of the time and we just enjoy listening to her experiment and entertain herself with her vocal cords. She's dancing when she hears music which is just darling to see. For the past several weeks, she has been initiating play. She knows when I put her on our bed in the evenings, that it is playtime with Daddy! She will crawl to the middle, look at him, giggle and then roll over and expose her belly just daring him to come blow raspberries! He is happy to oblige her and she responds with squeals and grabs his head in her arms while she looks over at me to see if I am watching her and Daddy have so much fun. If he delays any at all at responding to her exposed belly, she'll make eye contact with him and then pat or poke at her belly. She is out of her "only Mom will do" stage and Clint is enjoying the efforts she is making to engage him in play time. Watching my husband with our children is one of my most precious delights and makes the HG seem like a very small thing.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.