Wednesday, July 07, 2010

4th Weekend



Our 4th didn't happen as planned but we had a good weekend anyway. After working on it for a while, Clint discovered my pickup had a blown head gasket. We need a truck to haul things for our farm and so I will have a vehicle during the day. The shuttle bus (picts: 1, 2, 3.) is still in the shop waiting on the needed parts to arrive. So, we took a trip and bought another truck. It's a 4x4, but I am not even sure I will need it. Although, I can probably find a reason to use it. :-)

Please say a prayer for Jake, who sold us this truck. He lost his job when International Paper in Franklin folded due to the economy. Like many of our friends, he's having a hard go with things.

Jake, I hope you drop by the blog and know we are praying and hoping things get better for you! That carpet you left in the back of the truck for us is going to become a rug for dirty little feet. We really do have seven homeschooled children and rugs are useful tools in keeping the dirt out! I'll take good care of the truck and appreciate the deal you gave us.


Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Posted by Picasa
Oh yeah, the good thing about this truck is that many parts from my old truck match it, so we should save money on repairs.