Friday, March 09, 2012

Shed Storage Space

I was asked to explain the extra storage we made in our barn style shed from Crutchman. Our sheds are 20' x 10' with 7' walls with a barn roof on them. We have insulated one of the five we purchased after the fire. We hope to one day insulate the one in the pictures below, but our workload is too heavy right now.
To get more storage space, Clint added a loft at 7'. Storage bins fit nicely. Under the floor of the loft, he put up boards to create a "cubby hole" big enough to store books, games, etc. He used scraps we already had for this.



You can see the loft with storage under the middle and along the side in this picture. I also used nails to hang up the extra pieces to the gym equipment.
Joshua volunteered to move some things around for me.That's a stack of empty containers that use to hold books. The containers will stand upright with lids on them, but I had him nest the empty ones to save space.
I even store things in the top rafters. See the container lids?
Amanda finishing the boards so I didn't have to do it. She has the Build it Better with Bailey gene too. Something about breaking my heel, breaking my little toe, spraining my ankle, and tearing my rotator cuff (not my fault!) in one year has the family a bit protective over me!

I have found that if I am able to keep things stored safely in an organized manner, it enables me to be a better steward of the material things God has given us. This blesses us in another way by saving us money from not having to replace them and also saving us time looking for them.

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.