Wednesday, April 11, 2012

OBX Spring Vacation 2012

We just got back from our nine day OBX Spring Break! Right after going through the miscarriage and dealing with recovery from the blood loss, I wondered how it would go. I was very weakened by the blood loss, and the low blood pressure made me very tired. The rental was paid for, and I didn't want my gang to miss out on what could be one of our last family vacations with every member present. My family surrounded me with support and made my part of the preparations very easy.

view
On the second floor there were nine windows that faced the oceanfront.
Our children loved finding fish, birds, boats, and people with the Nikon field scope the owners left for visitors to enjoy!
 views from the deck
fawn hiding in vegetation on the dune front of the house
Clint waiting on me to get back from an early morning walk. This house was gorgeous and was set up for visitors. It had a warmness to it the other rental houses we have stayed in did not possess. The owner's left bits of themselves here and there for visitors to find. They truly love their home and love to share it with others. You get a great sense of that throughout the home.
When this home was built, it was one of only two on the oceanfront. It had that "back in the day" OBX feeling we knew as children and teens with modern amenities and a free club membership! We would gladly stay in this house again!

 There are no public beach accesses where we stayed, so we had the beach to ourselves. It felt like we were the only people on earth. Time slowed down, and we recharged. It was a fun, relaxing vacation!

We could see the sound and watched the sunsets from the front decks.

We are very happy five time Stan White Realty customers.