Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Quick and Easy Recipe for Red Potatoes


One of my families favorite side dishes is red potatoes. Measurements aren't necessary since it is so simple. I chop the red potatoes and put them into a large mixing bowl. (If I am in a hurry and want the potatoes to cook faster, I cut them thinner like I have in the picture.) Next, I melt a little butter and add celery salt to it. I then pour it into the mixing bowl with the red potatoes. I gently move the potatoes around to evenly and lightly coat them with the butter and celery salt. Then, I put them into a baking dish. If I did not get enough celery salt on them, I add more at this point. Next, I bake them until they are fork tender with some brown edges. My family gobbles them up! Rarely do we have leftovers.

Give us today our daily bread, Matthew 6:11