Thursday, November 29, 2012

Punching Bag Idea

Due to the issues I am still having with my shoulder from the car accident I was in, I purchased a punching bag to help strengthen muscles several months ago. Of course, the children wanted to punch the bag too. I am constantly trying to figure new ways to instill Truth in my children. It is also more fun to have something to hit. I decided to list sins on the bag, and how we fight them on the gloves. It's a big hit! The children read the ones I wrote on the bag and come back and say "You forgot this." and "You need to add this." They are thinking on right and wrong as they get exercise.

(pictures removed due to hosting site closing)

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.


UPDATE: This has been featured in an e-newsletter. We have also received several emails about this from people who plan to incorporate it in their families. :-)