Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hyperemesis Gravidarum Awareness

For many years, I have been a hyperemesis gravidarum awareness advocate and volunteer to help women who are going through it. I've done this through different groups. Many HG patients have found me by simply searching the web and locating me through the different websites I have had.

Monday, Lyle, a representative of BeyongMorningSickness.com, asked me to go help a lady in Williamsburg. Since I just got out of the ER myself and am too weak to even stand for a shower and have no voice to speak on the phone with, I had to limit my services to email only. However, Lyle was so concerned about me, he sent me three books overnight to encourage me.  He also gave me one of the books in Kindle form so I could search it immediately in an effort to find solutions to the bleeding from the Mallory Weiss tears. I was very touched by the kindness of a stranger. 

Normally, I am a very healthy person with a lot of energy. I rarely get sick and when I do, I am blessed that I can shake illnesses off in a few days. Whenever I get pregnant though, everything including the kitchen sink gets thrown at me. I struggle. I think the struggles are good for me to go through now and then because they give me the opportunity to see there are good, caring people all around us.