Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Caleb is Home

Caleb was released yesterday morning around 10:30. Praise the Lord! We drove home and arrived close to 1:00 p.m. His siblings were overjoyed to see him! Brandon and Amanda are back to their college and jobs. Joshua is Caleb's new nurse. Bethany is my right hand girl. Hannah and Emily are bouncy and happy things are getting back to normal. I SOOOO missed my gang! I am so happy to be back home with them!! 

Caleb is still sore and tired. One of my biggest challenges is getting him to take the Tylenol with Codeine. Caleb hides and downplays his pain. He has also lost a great deal of weight and is down to 70 lbs.

20 out of 100 patients with a burst appendix end up later developing an abscess that requires surgery and a drain tube. That's what we are praying against right now.  

There is so much that needs my attention for homeschool, farm, kennel, cooking, and housework, but today I am resting and enjoying being home with my dear ones! 

Thank you for the calls, texts, emails, etc and for the cards, gifts, and balloons. Caleb has enjoyed the gift cards and spending money! He might be doing some online shopping later today.

Update: http://contentmentacres.blogspot.com/2013/10/urgent-prayers-needed-for-our-son-caleb.html