Sunday, March 02, 2014

Article: 11 Things I Learned From Pastor's Wives

I am very blessed with many friendships with pastors and pastor's wives. I am very thankful for these relationships and the insight it has given me into the lives of pastors and their families. I hold these friendships in very high regard and keep their confidence in sharing with me most guarded. Thom S. Rainer has some useful insight to the lives and needs of pastor's wives, which echo in the lives of my pastor-wife friends, such as: 

  1. The number one challenge for pastors’ wives is loneliness. That issue arose again and again. Many of these ladies have no true confidants. Some have scars from bad relationships. More than a few have experienced depression. Some still are.
Go here to read the rest of the article. If you are friends with a pastor or their wife or want to understand their needs a little better, it is worth your time.