Friday, August 15, 2014

Remember My Air Layering Post?

Remember this post where I attempted to air-layer my pear tree? I have concrete evidence it is working! I had to change the container I was using. Three times! First, I needed a more stable container that wouldn't slide down during storms. Then, I needed a larger one that would not dry out so fast. My persistence paid off! As of early June, I had roots!

 photo roots_zps57018a81.jpg

 photo roots2_zps6e2b217c.jpg
Hee is how it looks on the tree. Excuse the weeds.
Things were very hectic on the farm with the additions and all of our travels over the spring and summer. It has been a most terrific spring and summer!

Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.