Thursday, October 01, 2020

Another Batch of Kombucha

kombuchatea

I do not think I have shared about kombucha tea in the blog before. Our family drinks it and enjoys the benefit of the probiotics fermented foods like kombucha adds to our digestive system.

If you have health issues or mood disorders, I strongly recommend that you do the research and learn the benefits of not only kombucha, but other fermented foods/drinks.

I expect to be challenged on the mood disorder part of the above. Do your own research. There are scientific papers supporting this. I'll start you off with this article:

"Scientists have found that gut bacteria produce many other neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, and GABA, which are critical for mood, anxiety, concentration, reward, and motivation. The gut microbiome can cause changes in how our brains react." source

I know some of our readers suffer from SAD (seasonal affective depression), so it is a good time to implement things into the diet and daily living to try to lessen or head that off.