Monday, June 27, 2011

No More Minimizing Pain

"There is no suffering gauge in Scripture, as if being burned at the stake scores a 100, Stage IV cancer is an 85, a broken friendship is a 50 and uncomfortable shoes are a 5. ... A suffering gauge would inevitably be accompanied by a compassion meter. ...Too many of us believe that such a system exists."
http://www.ccef.org/blog/no-more-minimizing-pain

I struggle with this. I hear a friend has lost her child to a horrible disease, and then I feel like I am pathetic for asking for prayer for something that seems so insignificant in comparison. In that situation everything in my life seems insignificant. That's my way of doing things; not His. Most of us feel like this at some point or another.

The truth is God cares about the big and the small in our lives. This is the same God who knows the number of hairs on your head (intimate details) and knows when a sparrow falls from the nest. You can safely take all of your concerns to Him.