Saturday, October 27, 2018

Around Here October 2018

Clint has become a mentor for several younger men through one of his jobs. These men need prayer. Salvation, major health issues, marriages, family members. Clint is really working hard lately. He has been working both jobs, helping others, helping out with the farm, and working on a big project. I admire how far he goes to take care of our family. Everyone who knows my husband treats me extremely well because of their high regard for him. It is an honor to be such a man's wife.


1


Brandon is on the fence about repairing his Jeep which has an electrical issue. He won't be able to do the 4WD trail with us. I have two things left I want to do on Coal Road: experience it with Brandon (all of the other children have been with us) and "truck camp" at the top of the mountain in our Suburban. Brandon has been working on his house and enjoying his bachelorhood. I went by his house tonight to take pictures of the lemon tree I gave him for his birthday. He's already ate a few and has seventeen more growing!

Some of Amanda's bosses have given us frequent feedback. She is doing extremely well. She has been working on decorating and making changes to her new home. She has wonderful neighbors who look out for her. She had a cool encounter with a mysterious Golden Retriever who showed up on her porch for five days in a row. He came with a tennis ball and retrieved it several times each day for her. When he got tired of the game he'd initiate, he'd walk away. She hasn't seen him since and has no idea where his owners are.

Joshua starts training to be a manager next month. He is well into his second semester of college. Unlike the rest of my children, he has no idea of what he wants for Christmas. He did talk my ear off about an item he saw in a store, so I got him something rather different. It makes sense if you know how much he studied medicine before he decided he'd rather be a lawyer. He and Caleb pick up groceries when the leave work so that's very convenient for the whole family. 

Caleb will start his third job soon. As I mentioned earlier, he was chosen for the maintenance position. Setting his own schedule, he will work one Sunday a month for jobs that cannot be done while the store is open. He will also do some jobs before or after his normal shifts. He was given a key to the store, a key to the owner's office, the code to the store's main computer, a credit card to buy tools and parts with, keys to the tool shed, and the maintenance schedule book. He has already ordered some tools. The owner is placing a tremendous amount of trust in our 17 year old son. 

Bethany is about to start her driving course. She has not started college yet. We plan to start that in January. She has been working on her artistic talents and helping me run the household. She is very intelligent and has a quick wit about her. Her sense of humor keeps me laughing. I am enjoying this season of working closely with her. I know this special time will pass too quickly.

Emily has shot up in height and is now wearing ladies small clothing just like Bethany. So now, Amanda, Bethany, and Emily can all wear the same clothes. Their shirts make a dress on Hannah. The girls are enjoying sister time! Emily is doing great in homeschool and is a huge help around the house. I taught her today how to fill a pastry bag and pipe filling into jalapenos. 

Hannah has grown and has been learning more cooking skills. She is doing well in homeschool too. Emily and Hannah are learning how to work on cars and around our home from Clint. Hannah is sweet and affectionate with all of our family and our pets. She is a delight! I am thankful God blessed me with Hannah right after my 40th birthday. I have never once regretted surrendering control over my womb to the Lord.

Me? I'm enjoying fall weather and am looking ahead to the holidays. I met my annual goal to be 90% done with Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving very early this year. Most of it was "free." Meaning I paid for most of it with "found money" from rebates, Swagbucks, MyPoints, and other incentives. In a purely selfish move, I put my tortoise tank on cinder blocks next to my recliner. The blocks aren't aesthetically pleasing, but I wanted to see her better. It makes me happy!