Monday, August 08, 2022

Link to Philly Cheese Steak Soup (and Changes)

This is the soup I made for the Asbell Gang last week. Especially in the summer, I bulk cook one day a week and have been making one soup a week to help cut grocery costs. I try to make very flavorful soups that everyone here likes. 

This recipe is pretty good. I made the 32 serving size, added more peppers and onions, and used gelatin to thicken it instead of flour. Sam's Club had a good price on the provolone cheese.

For the broth, I used the water from our cooking collards. I do that to many of the soups I make to add extra nutrition. You can not taste the collards, and I like knowing that nutrition did not get wasted. I added dry milk to the broth instead of using milk.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/234082/philly-cheese-steak-soup/

Dear Reader, Why pour vitamins and minerals down the drain and then spend good money buying more off the shelf?