Thursday, March 02, 2023

Spider Saga

 Me: How many of those spiders have you found?

Amanda: I don't know. Not that many.
Me: Do they ever scare you?
Amanda: Not really. Every once in a while I do a double take.
Me: Do you laugh and remember how much I love you when you see one?
Amanda: Yes. I do.
(Pause)
Amanda while laughing: Mom, I am never going to find ALL of those spiders. (There are 480 of them.) I'm going to be really old like 98 years old and find the very last one and die of fright. (laughs) When I see you in Heaven, I am going to say: (points an accusing finger at my face) YOU DID THIS! (laughs)
(Pause)
Amanda; (mock serious tone) I should have listened to Hannah when she said not to hide that spider under your covers.
I have a hair appointment with her on March 11. I'm a little nervous. :-)