Wednesday, January 09, 2013

None with My Name, a Handmade Gift, and a Memory

Photobucket

While everyone was opening their Wise Men Bags, Hannah, who turned four just three days before this picture, looked for her name on wrapped boxes.
"Mooom! I don't see any with my name on them!"
Did she really think we'd leave her out? :-)

Photobucket

Clint made this key chain display case for Brandon's collection.
It looks like he will need to make another one for next year!

Photobucket

When I was very little, my grandmother had a whistling kettle. She would put it on just so I could hear it go off when I visited her. After hearing hers, I thought all kettles were suppose to whistle, and if they didn't, I assumed they were broken and felt bad for the person. I shared that story with Clint and told him I wanted to be a grandmother like that. He bought me this kettle so I could share the memory with my children now and my grandchildren later. It is my favorite gift out of all the ones he bought me. I use it at least once a day, and it always makes me smile.