Saturday, May 18, 2013

Some of Our Mail

We are sharing a few words from friends for three reasons: 1.) to show God is using this painful loss and will use the painful things in your life too...if you let Him, 2.) to show how kindness touches a heart, and 3.) to encourage people who are shy to reach out to others. 

We only shared a few of what we have received. Please don't be offended if your comment is not here. We were deeply touched by each note and have printed every one out to put in our memory box. Each reminder that God is working through this has been a balm to our hearts. Your love has poured into our home through so many different ways. Thank you for reaching out to us while we were hurting. 



For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 
Matthew 12:34b-35


Clint, the example you have set for your sons, in particular, in how you take care of your family....well, let's just say, there will be some lucky ladies down the road.

This quote by Joni Eareckson Tada fits this so well: "Whether a godly attitude shines from a brain-injured college student or from a lonely man relegated to a back bedroom, the response of patience and perseverance counts. God points to the peaceful attitude of suffering people to teach others about Himself. He not only teaches those we rub shoulders with every day, but He instructs the countless millions of angels and demons. The hosts in heaven stand amazed when they observe God sustain hurting people with His peace. You were made for one purpose, and that is to make God real to those around you." I love you all and am praying for you.

Thank you for sharing so openly about your miscarriage. I read through all of the stories and cried with you. I am so sorry. Thank you for giving me a new perspective and helping me find peace after losing my own child to SIDS.

You and Clint just seem to roll with the punches life throws your way.Your marriage is strong, and your children are incredible! Where many let challenges tear them apart, you let it pull you closer together. I don't get that kind of faith, but I am encouraged by yours.

I admire the two of you so much. You have raised a beautiful healthy family, have a strong marriage and faith, which you openly share, and have conquered challenges along the way with grace and resilience....

Clint..you are prpviding giving an amazing example of what husbands and fathers should be.  You are always putting God first, trying to do the right thing, and looking after your family. What an encouraging example in these dark days when men are abandoning their wives and children. Real men step up and get the job done!  

It is clear to any Christian soldier watching you that God has a plan and is working through your life. You two were put together for a purpose. Part of God's plan for your life is to show others how to live life with humbleness and handle with grace the upsets that come along the way. At least, you've done that for me. Thank you for your testimony. 

This year, my marriage has fell apart and my oldest son has taken up with a bad crowd. He is using drugs and alcohol...... I am impressed with how your beliefs has made you stronger through challenging times because as I have learned that doesn't always happen.

Thank you for the ways you have ministered to me through my own dark time by sharing about your own pain and hardship. I thought I was cursed for my sins and God was hateful. I see now even the nicest of people go through bad times.

When my daughter was killed, I had no idea how I'd get going again. Your openess about your loss and sharing it has helped me tremendously. I am going back to church this week because I can't do this on my own. Thank you. I am praying for you.

You are an amazing woman, Wendy, and a true inspiration to those of us who sometimes tend to wallow in self pity. I'm so sorry for your loss, but agree that you have a beautiful family and so much to be thankful for. In fact, we all, regardless of circumstance, have much to be thankful for.

I've been watching the blog posts and can see how your loss has touched so many hearts and lives. Most people are too proud to share their lives so openly. You aren't afraid to give us the whole picture good and bad. People are being reached because of this.

You are such a miracle.  I know none of us is perfect, but you are the best example of a Godly woman I have ever known and so perfectly matched with Clint. 

I know it is hard, but God is speaking through your life to others in amazing ways.

I just wanted to thank you for lifting me up - your messages of positivity and love are wonderful and remind me if my blessings daily- thx for that.

My nurse as I left: "Hey, can I talk to you for just a minute? While I wish the circumstances that brought us together were different, I am glad I met you. You are such a strong woman and your family is so close. I've never seen what happened here today before. You have given me a new way of seeing things. I have a new perspective. Thank you for letting me be a part of this. Something special, not to minimize your loss, but something special happened here today, in my heart, at least. Can I hug you?"


And from our new friend Diana who wrote:

"Spiritual maturity like this blows me away. May I some day attain fully to that level of awareness, gratitude, and trust." (See her blog: The Whining Puker)



Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Romans 12:15

Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow... Ecclesiastes 4:10a

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17