Thursday, August 30, 2018

It's just the beginning

Where Joshua works is very fast paced with little time for chit chat. On the mornings when trucks arrive to be unloaded, it is also noisy.

A new hire was working beside him all morning. That had not had any time to speak to each other. Joshua noticed the new guy had some trouble opening a bag. While the young man was looking for something to cut the bag open, Joshua stepped in and tore it open and then went back to his own work. 

"I opened that for you just now." Joshua said as he got back to his task.

The young man jumped back, threw a hand up, and said with alarm, "What?!! What did I do?!!"

Joshua pointed to the bag. "I opened it for you."

The other guy clutched his chest and said, "Whew! We haven't spoken all morning, and I am the nervous new guy! I thought you said, 'I will end you now.'

Funny stories are how great friendships start!