Monday, June 03, 2019

Miracle

I was asked to share this, and I wanted to get it posted before I left. This is what I am doing that has helped our elderly cat. You should not take it as medical advice for your pet. Please talk to a vet, and do your own research.

A long time ago, a vet told me that when pain is too great, an animal will stop eating. That's when you know it is time. Miracle has maintained a good appetite even with only a few teeth, but she is obviously suffering from arthritis pain. There have been days she has stayed in one place sleeping for 12 hours at a time. That is unusual for her. 

Turmeric: I learned she can have 200 to 250 mg of turmeric a day divided into two doses. Turmeric is a wonderful herb with many valuable medicinal qualities. I encourage you to research it. One thing it does is reduce inflammation. If you reduce inflammation in the body, it reduces the pain level for many ailments. Osteoarthritis is one of those ailments. I am adding coconut oil (also anti-inflammatory) and black pepper (also an anti-inflammatory) to help the body assimilate the turmeric. (1/4 tbsp pepper to 1 tbsp turmeric) 


CBD oil: I know this issue is very controversial for many, but for me, it is pretty cut and dry. As a Christian, I believe God created plants and called them good. I believe He gave us plants to use as food and medicine. I have no qualms in my soul about using any plant in a way to bring healing or alleviate suffering. I do not support using them in a harmful manner. That being said, CBD oil does not have more than trace amounts of THC. It does have anti-inflammatory properties and affects how the body receives pain signals. I am experimenting with this on Miracle with a CBD oil* (introductory price @ $14.40 when I purchased) that arrived in less than two days. 


I have been using these two things on Miracle for a week. On day number two, she ran across two rooms, jumped into a dining room chair, and jumped again to another chair. She has not done anything like that in over a year. She has been moving around more than she has in a long time and seems to be sleeping deeper. When she is resting, her pose seems more relaxed. She is grooming herself again and seems more curious about things happening around her. She also kneaded my leg while purring in between her meows for her breakfast. She has not kneaded on any of us in a long, long time. She looks better and is clearly feeling better!

I put 4-7 drops of the CBD oil in a couple of tablespoons of her canned food. She eats it without any problem. I can't get her to take the turmeric in any of her food. We mix with water and use a syringe to get that in her once a day. I since have purchased her a stronger CBD oil so I can use fewer drops.

This is what is helping our cat. It might help your furry friend too. Please talk with your vet and do you own research.

*https://www.cbdschool.com/buy-cbd-oil-amazon/