Monday, September 26, 2022

Pretty Penny

pennynewborn

This is Penny as a newly weaned puppy.


PennywithBunny

This is Penny three weeks after we brought her home.

So, if you read my post about Maggie, you know she passed away suddenly. Clint didn't leave my arms empty for long. My sweet husband found me a puppy and took off from work so we could go buy her. She was in another state, and we had to stay in a hotel overnight. I named her Pretty Penny because that is what Clint paid for her and I wanted to give a tribute to the sacrifice he made for me to have her. We call her Penny. She is already quite spoiled and is sleeping at my feet as I type this. 

Pretty Penny is a sweet little dog, fun to have around, and with some time and training, she will make a good little sidekick and will keep me company. Going from being home with seven children all day to being home with just Emily and Hannah, who are doing their own thing every day, has been a very big change. 

We have had her for about four or five weeks now. I think Clint found her a week or two after Maggie died. Life has been very full with the normal ups and downs, so those times might be off by just a little. 

She is picking up things quickly. Penny is a little stubborn about coming when called, but we are working on that daily with rewards. She loves going for rides and travels when I travel. Marty sleeps most of the time and has some good days and bad days. Sometimes she will play with Penny. Sometimes she ignores her. Other times, she tells Penny to buzz off. Clint's puppy Ratchet loves Penny and they roughhouse a lot which wears both of them out so they sleep better at night.