Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Redeem the Time

One of the books that helped me as a large family and homeschooling mother was Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank and Ernestine Gilbreth. It was recommended to me by a homeschooling father. The book is much different from the very disappointing movie about that family. The Gilbreths were efficiency experts in industry. They taught companies how to do things successfully without wasting time, labor, or resources. Seeing how Frank took his efficiency knowledge and applied it to homeschooling helped me get more done each day. I still use those valuable abstracts in my day to day, and it really makes a difference. I highly recommend the book, which has many hilarious parts, to all young mothers, homeschooling parents, Christians, and anyone who wants to consider how to accomplish more during their day. My love to all!