Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Bigfoot Encounter

SASQUATCH

The girls made a friend while we were on the road. When we stopped, Emily took a good look at it, looked at me, put her open hand to her face, and said, "Ugh, he's not very attractive, is he?!"

😃

Unlike Captain America who rides with us since we found him, we left Bigfoot on the side of the road. (This museum was in Gilmer County, GA.) According to the map at the museum, we were camping inside of Bigfoot's domain. He must not have minded too much because he never bothered us.

We joked with our teens that Bigfoot and Mothman (WV) were fighting the Boogeyman and a Redneck (Deliverance) over who got to keep us. The battle raged as we snuck away in a big old suburban with water tanks on top. :-D

I can honestly tell people I met Bigfoot when I was a teen. That is the nickname for a much older second cousin on my daddy's side. I didn't have the nerve to ask why he was nicknamed Bigfoot. I tell people I found Bigfoot to be a very nice, courteous, and polite fellow. :-)